Saturday, February 25, 2012

2013 Ferrari 620GT

Yesterday I ran across some news about a new Ferrari. It's called the 620GT, and it seems as if the styling was done by both Aston Martin and Maserati together.




This is the picture I saw, and it's quite a looker. The windshield and roofline look like an Aston DBS or DB9, and the front looks very GranTurismo-ish. Put those together and there's a wonderful combination of class and ferocity that you don't see very often. It's about like seeing a lion wearing a monocle. You know he's about to tear your arm off, but you also know he's going to be as polite as possible while doing so; even offering you some imported German chocolates to ease your discomfort. Anyway, its slated to have a V12 engine, and given the name of the vehicle, it should be around a 6.2, maybe 6.25 liter. Transmission will be a 7 speed, my guess would be a double clutch paddle shift, given the success Ferrari had with the 458's. Rear wheel drive, none of the too-fancy-to-be-practical FF-style all wheel drive system. Should hit 60 in about 3 seconds dead, and it'll probably sound amazing while it does so.

Of course, those are just my thoughts on it, I'd love to hear your opinions on the new 620GT, and I'll keep you updated as I learn more. Thanks for reading!

UPDATE: Ferrari has (from what I can tell) changed the name upon release to the F12 Berlinetta. I have no clue why.

No comments:

Post a Comment