Wednesday, February 22, 2012

About Me, My First Car, and Other Things

So I'm new to this whole blogging thing, but I caught a wave of inspiration and decided to give it a try. I guess I'll start off by telling you who I am. My name is Caleb, I live in Texas, and I'm a freshman in College majoring in Criminal Justice with a minor in Psychology. My true passion for cars started when I was 16 and looking for my first set of wheels. At that time, I knew absolutely nothing about the automotive industry. Heck, I thought the Corvette was a Pontiac. As I did more and more research, I soon learned all of the manufacturers and many of their models. I discovered the difference between front and rear wheel drive, I even learned to drive standard (though that was later, and a whole different story). I decided I didn't much care for Mustangs, but I adored the new Camaro. Once I got my facts straight about the Corvette, it quickly became my dream car; the new ZR1 is the best supercar in the world in my book. of course, I didn't end up with any of these. I got a 2001 white Ford Taurus. Now for a Chevy boy, that was disappointing. But, I made the most of it, and as much as I disliked it, I loved that car. Maybe it was the fact that it was my first car; the symbol of freedom. I could drive wherever and whenever (provided my parents approved). Eventually, my Dad got a Can Am Spyder, and we switched cars right before I left for school. I got the keys to his 2000 V6 Camry; the car I had thought for years would be my first one. Although it's faster and "cooler" than my old car (dubbed "Mortimer", yet another story), it's still not a Camaro or Corvette or even a 2011 'Stang (why I'd take one of those is, you guessed it, a story for later). But for some reason I wouldn't trade this one at the moment. I grew up in this car, and I have some great memories in it. Going to my senior Prom in it was a blast. The Camry was the car we always took camping, and I love the outdoors. The Camry was my Dad's car. My Dad is one of my best buddies. We play paintball, racquetball, video games and go running together. It's the car I got my first big burn in. Wait, that's not a happy memory... Anyway, it's my car now, and I love it as much as I love/hate old Mortimer.
The girls section on here is probably just going to end up being me griping about not understanding women. But I'll try to keep it as fair and even as possible. Oh, and if any of you are experts on women, let me know. I'll hire your help.
So that's about all I've got for now. Chances are nobody'll read this till a while from now, but if anyone does, give me some suggestions on some posts. I'm planning to share my thoughts on the 2012 Camaro ZL1 versus the 2013 Shelby GT500 and how that stacks up.
So thanks for reading, and I hope you'll come back!

No comments:

Post a Comment